Saturday, May 10, 2008

Guess I'm Ready

Today I completed the second day of my "back-to-back" rides, this time going down to Willingboro to see Bob and Karen. Without going through the local geography, or back story, my detour through downtown Trenton reminded me of why the governor's mansion is in Princeton. (Is there another state when the Governor's mansion is not in the capital city?) It was a cold and gray day, but Bob had lots of route suggestions, and Karen made me a lot lunch. The return ride was punctuated (semi-pun) by three flats. The first one was overdue and gave me the opportunity to demonstrate my pit-crew precision. The second one was annoying. The third was a challenge, since, believing in Murphy, I'd packed two spare tubes- yes with three flats. Fortunately, I was able to find the puncture site on one of the tubes, patch it, and limp home. It was good to be home. 93 miles, 15.4 mph. They say if you can ride long rides two days in a row, you're ready for the trip. Guess I'm ready.

2 comments:

rkbnp said...

now you have a new statistical record...highest number of flats*3*

congrats in making it home safe still on wheels rather than foot!

: )

Tom Montville said...

Actually, my flat record for one ride is FIVE! In the rain. I became hypothermic, but Matt (EMT son) came to rescue me!