Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Get the most out of your blog experience

Here are a few hints to increase your blogging pleasure as you return to my site again and again.

-If you want to see a bigger version of a picture in a posting, double click on it! Yes, go to the picture of my bike, double clip, and see the pattern of the carbon fiber, the exquisite lettering of "immortal pro", and the very cool wheels. You can also do this with pictures of people, places, or other things that are less interesting than my bike.

-The map. The map is chock full of information that you'll really enjoy as you watch me travel across the country. First, the little figure on the bicycle is me. : - ) On May 29, that figure will jump on a plane and reappear on the West coast, from which it will move, ever so slowly, to the East coast, chronicling my day to day movement. It is, of course, much farther on the ground than on the screen. Other neat features- if you click on "terr" on the upper right hand corner of the map, the terrain will pop up and you will see all the mountains and valleys of the journey. If you use the + - slider, you can zoom in or out to see how incredibly high those mountains really are. You can use the magic hand to pull the map in various directions so that you can zoom in to the place where I am. Go ahead, practice before all the fun begins. Oh yes, on the bottom where it says "View larger map," quess what happens when you double click on it?
That's right.

Things are still very pressured at school, and at home, but Matt is officially back from school and just got a job! There is rain in the forecast for Friday, but I'm still planning on back-to-back long rides for Friday and Saturday. I hate to see my bike get wet, but it's a sure bet that there will be rain at some point during the trip.

1 comment:

Tom Montville said...

Another hint, you can leave public comments by clicking on "comment."
: - )