Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fundraising and big news from Chris


The month's donation sheet came from Elijah's Promise today. We've reached $9,000. I'm not sure where we're supposed to be at this point. It's pretty far from $38,000, but will provide 3600 meals. Guess the plate is half full! Seriously, tell your friends and neighbors about this epic quest, send them to the site, ask them to donate.

Well, with food prices going up, it may not be 3600 meals. I did my grocery shopping today and broke the $200 mark for the first time ever. That and $40 worth of gas to fill my little Toyota Matrix suggests that the economy really is tanking.

The really big news- Chris has accepted a position with a law firm in Denver! He won't have to rent that big yellow truck and move again. I'll miss him, but with that new salary, he can fly me out, we'll ski, we'll im, we'll talk on the phone. All is well. And I've promised not to break anything next time we ski. (He says he'll make me take a lesson).

Chris is the man behind this blog's green curtain. If he doesn't want to share the news with the world, this paragraph will be gone by tomorrow. (Really Chris, it's ok to be the Adam Smith to my blog).

It's late. I'm going to ride 80-100 miles tomorrow in the rain. Need to go to bed.

Bye.

No comments: