Thursday, June 12, 2008

On the 12th Day, We Rested



Yes, after 11 days and 835 miles, we get to rest, recharge, clean our bikes and do a little site seeing. The hotel set up a small bike cleaning station near the pool with a hose and old towels. The regular guests were puzzled.

A group of us took a van to Temple Square and got a great tour of the Tabernacle, where we heard the world's 12th largest organ. Ironically, the world's largest organ is in a department store in Philadelphia. I've heard that too. It doesn't seem right that it should be in a store. The pictures are of the Temple and of Jesus with the two sisters who were our guided. The Mormons, or more formally, the Church of the Later Day Saints of Jesus Christ, are Christians with a little bit extra stuff. I'm tired, so that's probably it for now. Tomorrow will be a short (65 mile) day.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom,
We have been following your ride and I even had my little ones look at the map with me at school to see where you are riding from and how far you will go.(After that we said a prayer for you too) Continue to have a very safe ride and enjoy all you can of the outdoors.
Love, Jean

Unknown said...

You more than deserve the rest! I love the image of your group cleaning bikes by the pool. By the way, I think your version of summer camp was probably much more fun than the one Rebecca and I just endured with 200 adolescents! Enjoy the rest of the ride.